Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Happy to Be Here



Happy Tuesday!  I'm happy to be here with this layout.  A little on the background for this project.  A few weeks ago I entered  a layout challenge with Sketches in Thyme and not only was my layout selected the winner but I also was asked to be their guest designer for March.  A big thank you to Tammy Folk and her amazing designing team for giving me the opportunity to create this for them.  Here's the layout I was to follow.  Created by Bev Code. 



And here is my layout:





This is a layout I made for my son and DIL.  She is one of the most kind, happy and beautiful people I know and we are all so lucky that she is in our lives.  The picture was taken in our back yard on her birthday, right before they went out to dinner to celebrate.   I chose the papers from Carta Bella Summer Market and Farmhouse Market. I just love these papers for their fresh look and pastel colors.  A couple of close ups of the embellishment clusters.

Here I used flowers from Prima Sugar Cookie collection  They matched the paper and the photo perfectly.  The butterflies on the flowers are from Kaisercraft but are now retired. 
I made a paper lace trim with a die from my stash and added some pearls also from my stash that match the gold on the edge of the butterflies perfeclty.
The Sweet Love title was added using Thickers Sparkle teal stickers and Pink Paislee white stickers I purchased at Walmart.  To finish the cluster of butterflies and flowers, I added some sheer ribbon. I really love the way this turned out.  I'm happy that you stop buy to look at it.  Hopefully you like it.  Thank you and until next time. 

Happy Scrappin'


Alma 







1 comment:

  1. Alma, that's lovely! You do beautiful work. Love those sparkly Thickers. What a great sketch! Thanks for sharing.

    Best wishes,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete